How to Make Money with Associated Content?

Writer's Resources....

Discover Passive Income

Admittedly, I haven't written new content for Associated Content since October 2007. I don't have a problem with the website. However, it was around this time that I took on a few new assignments, I couldn't devote as much time to the website.

I wrote my first article with Associated Content in May 2005, and since then, I've had more than 200 articles published. Although I've heard other writer's complain about receiving $4 and $5 offers for their content, I've only had one ridiculously low offer in three years (one that I can remember). The reason: the website already had a number of articles on this particular topic - 30 to be exact! I didn't do my research, so I can't blame anyone but myself.

There are varying opinions about Associated Content. Some feel that writing for the website can ruin a writer's reputation, and I've heard that some editors won't accept clips from Associated Content. But I think it's a great way for new writers to break into the business. Several of my articles published on the website have been re-printed on larger websites. And I've even snagged a few gigs as a result of my Associated Content profile. So, I tend to ignore the "naysayers." Besides, I receive a satisfying performance payment every month - and I haven't submitted new content in eight months!

I say give it a try, what do you got to lose? And if you're worried about a tarnished reputation, use a pen name. I do. Not because I'm ashamed, but because I write under three different names.

There are different ways to make money with Associated Content:

1. Write accurate, timely content: I have several articles that appear on the first page of Google. In turn, this increases my AC page views and my performance payments. Pick topics that are on the minds of web surfers. Next, check the site and make sure there isn't already an exhausted list of articles on said topic. Find a unique topic or angle, and watch your payout increase.

2. Feature a link on your website or blog: Look up in the left hand corner, and you'll notice an Associated Content link. You can invite others to write for the site, or include a link to your articles on your personal website or blog. If your objective is to make passive income with Associated Content, website traffic is the key.

3. Include keywords in your content: The more keyword or keyword phrases you have in your articles, the higher your rank on Google. Don't forget to include highly searched keywords in your article's title. An ideal keyword density is 3% - 5%. Keyword selector tools such as Overture and SEO Tools (my favorite) offer information on the best phrases, and the average number of monthly or daily searches for each phrase.

Popular Posts