Freelance Writing Jobs - Beating Out the Competition

Maybe there is a larger pool of qualified freelance writers, or perhaps there are more websites and blogs devoted to supplying freelance writing jobs, but it seems as if it's harder to find a freelance writing job these days. During my earlier writing days, I could apply for five jobs and receive a contract for three. If a contract ended - no problem. I would simply view job listings on Craigslist and other online telecommute sites and find a new job in a relatively short time.

While I still maintain a steady stream of regular gigs, I've found that it takes longer to find a new job. This pattern has existed for the past six months, and although I always find a new gig to keep me afloat, slow offers are a little nerve racking. I can't help but fear that all offers will stop one day. What if the competition become too fierce? I imagine that webmasters and job posters receive numerous responses to a single ad. Thus, I realize how important it is to search the job boards early and apply quickly. Being a freelance writer has its perks. And while I enjoy the freedom and flexibility that comes with this career choice - there is a lingering fear of having too little work.



Popular Posts