Freelance Writing Tips - August 30, 2007

Writer's Resources...

Why You Need Multiple Writing Gigs?

In my early writing days I made the mistake of writing for only one client. Because I was still working part-time I decided that one client was the most I could handle. The pay was decent, and it gave me enough extra cash to payoff a few debts and start a savings account. Like most freelance writing gigs, this job ended - without prior warning. After several months of enjoying a continuous paycheck from this particular client, my extra income was gone, and I went back to patrolling the freelance writing job boards. Now that I freelance on nearly a full-time basis, I've learned the importance of working with multiple clients. At times it gets a little hectic, especially when due dates overlap. On the flip side, it gives me a sense of peace. Freelance jobs can end at any given moment. It's not uncommon for a client to run out of money, or reach their present need. Whatever the reason, many jobs do not last forever. Which is better: too many jobs, or not enough work?

Popular Posts